Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Mattea update - 11 months

Here are some pictures of Mattea from last month (June). She is fast approaching her 1st birthday and we can't believe how the time has flown by! She started taking steps at 10 months, and is now walking all over the place. She is a nonstop chatter box, half of which we can understand, and the other half...not so much! but that doesn't seem to bother her! She has continued to be a social butterfuly, greeting everyone she sees with a friendly "Hiiiiiii!!!" (and keeps repeating it until she is acknowledged, this is lovely when in busy places such as Walmart!). She loves to laugh and play and will imitate just about anything we do (answering the phone, fake coughs, sneezes, and the list goes on!) She is still our "big girl", weighing around 28 lbs and is about 32 inches tall (we see the Dr soon, so I will get the real numbers then!)

I'll be sure to post some updated pictures after her birthday this weekend!













7 comments:

MomLaur said...

So cute! I think she's totally all you, Lauryn, with a teeeny glimpse of Mark here and there :D

Lauryn said...

Thanks! Most people say she is more Mark with glimpses of me! She definitely has my mouth though,in more ways than one!!! Lol...:-)

Darla said...

I see lots of both of you in her, I'm sure in real life you get a clearer picture, but it seems to be she is more of Mark, but definitely a good (and cute!) mix! - Make sure you post the cake eating experience!! Can't believe it's been a year eh? Time FLIES by!

Darla said...

Her personality sounds A LOT like Kenna's at that age. Must run in the family - Kenna is a lot like me!

Lauryn said...

From reading about Kenna, she and Mattea definitely seem to have alot of similarities! And the chatterbox trait must come from our side for sure:-P

In terms of looks, her colouring throws people off but she totally has Mark's expressions, and has even mastered the "one eyebrow raise" that is his trademark!

I will only post my cake if it turns out looking half decent! (first try with decorating!:-/), mind you if I'm posting one of her eating it, I guess it won't matter what it looks like! Lol...

Momma Beccy said...

thanks for the pics. So cute! And for the voting I would say Mark with hints of Lauryn, but actually more Mary. :)

Lauryn said...

Haha, Mom, Good eye! Not alot of people catch that she looks like her Grandma N, especially in her eyes and eyebrows!