Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The "Epic" Event

Okay well not quite epic, but in the mind of this 3 year old it certainly was! Mattea has been literally counting down her birthday since Christmas time and had grand plans of what this party was to entail. She had every detail planned out - and I'm not even sure how she knew all of this information but she did! "There will be goody bags, and streamers, and balloons with strings on them"... "there will be a princess cake....or a robot cake...which will be blue, grey and red". She was also inviting every person she knew to this great event (teachers from daycare, sunday school teachers - little did she know that this was going to be a simple family party!)

 It took a trip to the party supply store in order for her to finally decide that she would go with a Tangled theme for her party which I may have swayed just a little bit because making a Rapunzel cake seemed a whole lot easier than trying to make a robot! And she was quite happy to pick out a few small trinkets for "goody bags" for her cousins, Kayla and of course herself (Lol...there was no telling her that you don't get a loot bag at your own party)

Here are a few pics from the day of....


 She literally gasped at each room seeing her decorations (a few dollars spent on some balloons and streamers were well worth the reaction:-)) Even Kayla walked around going "wow...wow". Yes, my kids are easily impressed:-)

 Mattea and Kayla are eating birthday cereal carefully selected by the birthday girl. Honeycombs...certainly would not have been my choice, but she seems to love them!

The much anticipated cake....to Mattea this is the most important element of any party. She always asks what kind of cake will it be! This was my first time working with fondant, so after watching Darla's marshmallow fondant tutorial - I was on my way!  I was pleasantly surprised with how it turned out! and more importantly, so was Mattea!



Princesses for the day! 


okay well more like princesses for an hour or two....they didn't last long in these outfits! Puffy dresses get in the way of running and playing!

We could not get a decent picture of Mattea all day - this was as good as it got! And somehow she looks like she is attending a funeral instead of her own party!

Kayla was very proud of her outfit and her especially her tiara! (at least for a little while!:-)


So all in all, it seems that the day fulfilled all of Mattea's dreams (seriously...balloons and streamers was all it took! lol...) and she is already busy making plans for her next party! "On July 10...when I'm gonna be 4...I'm going to have a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse cake...."

Greeeeeeat........only about 357 more days to go!:-/

6 comments:

Darla said...

the cake looks AMAZING!!! My first time with fondant did not look near that good. My current fondant attempts don't look that good! Happy birthday Mattea, it looks like a wonderful day!

Lauryn said...

sidenote: the "princess" dress Mattea is wearing is actually a flowergirl dress that I wore in 1988 - I was 4.5 years old and for me, it was touching the floor! Crazy!

and I was super nervous about doing the cake but Dar, your tutorial totally made it look easy and it went exactly as you explained it! So you definitely get credit for the end result!

Beccy said...

The cake is amazing! Puts my cake efforts to shame. You girls go! :)
And I recognized that dress immediately LOL What a great party!

Darla said...

I'm glad it helped!! next time you'll have a cake boss ready creation I'm sure!

Janessa said...

COOLEST Birthday EVER!!!! Happy Birthday Mattea :) I LOVE you XOXO

chantelle said...

Happy birthday sweet girl! I love her smile, its so lively :). I ditto the cake... great job