Sunday, May 19, 2013

A First Time for Everything

I was 50 when I had my first pedicure. A birthday gift from a girlfriend. Now I am 54, almost 55, and I had my nails done for the very first time! A Mother's Day gift from Janessa, Jillaine, Lehman and Maryn.

I inherited my father's nails with flat, wide nail beds. My nails are weak, soft, and yet very brittle. I have tried to make them look better with nail polish, however as a mother who always seemed to have her hands in water, I could never get the polish to last very long.


 I decided on a French manicure style with pink tips. I am in ♥!


I think a bad good habit has been created. I doubt this first time will not be the last time.

6 comments:

Lauryn said...

Soooo what did you end up going with? Acrylic? Biogel? I'm not ever sure what other kinds are out there! But all I know is...it gets addictive;-) And it looks better and better as your own nails grow out underneath, and you will soon have no fake tips on there...it will be your natural nail underneath - thus adding to the addiction!

You are making me want to go get mine done! But with kids...like you said...not worth it!;-)

Darla said...

Looks great! And yah...addicting, right?! I found the biogel really helped my natural nail get stronger, when using polishes and base/top coats etc. Love it!

Darla said...

I've still never had a pedicure!

Beccy said...

Lauryn - biogel
Darla - you only have 16 more years to go! ;)

Maryn said...

I think that the last name listed in the gift is suppose to be Maryn.

Beccy said...

good catch! fixed! :)