Saturday, May 18, 2013

Knee Surgery

On May 1, 2013, I went to the Aspen Surgical center. For surgery on my left knee. They  were doing an arthroscopy. The doctor said that there was a lot of scarring and adhesions. Also the ligament connecting the femur to the tibula was to short for the knee to move properly. He lengthened it and cleaned up the scarring.


Knee right after the surgery

I was in a lot of pain
Vienna was with us for the day and she enjoyed holding my hand.

These are the incisions. One below the horizontal line on the left side one on each
side of the vertical line. The ink was permanent so it has been hard to wash off.

Mom and Dad let me play X-box while I was on bed rest for three days.
Good job Mom didn't get rid of Davis' old crutches when we moved.




My left foot swelled a lot. I usually where a size 6 1/2 shoe and my foot got so big I had to where Janessa's shoes which are size 8 1/2


All healed up with a little bit of ink still showing 3 weeks later!


 Posted by Jillaine


4 comments:

Darla said...

Oh boy, I did not realize you were going in for surgery! That really does not look very fun at all. The swelling is quite incredible. I hope you can notice a difference in the knee? Would hate to have to do that over:-( Prayers for quick and proper healing.

Jillaine said...

Yes the swelling was quite incredible. But thankfully the swelling has gone down and I have very little pain. I am now off crutches and walking some what normally. I do feel that it has helped a lot. Thanks for your prayers.

Lauryn said...

Wow Jillaine, it looks SO painful! That swelling was awful! I'm so glad to hear though that the surgery went well, and that you are on the road to recovery! We were praying for you prior to the surgery and will definitely continue! We want you to be walking completely normal, instead of just somewhat;-)

Kari said...

yikes!! I didn't know you were going for surgery! I'm sure it'll make things that much better! Praying for you for a quick healing!