Sunday, September 29, 2013

A Dream Come True

Well, it is a known fact I love dogs! And have since childhood. And that I have always wanted a big dog. Over the years, I had narrowed down my favorite..the Bernese Mountain Dog. The "little" kids had been saying that I will never get my dream so I should give up. I joked that if I don't get one on earth God will have one for me in heaven.

For my 55th birthday, Dave held out two sealed envelopes and said that I was to pick one and that whichever one I picked that would be my birthday gift.

I said that I had to feel them before I could pick. Well, my touchy feely fingers told my brain to pick....THIS ONE...as I held my breath.




 I opened the envelope and read the card. The room was filled with squeals!

 I then had to ask what was in the other card. I made sure Dave knew that it was just out of curiosity and no matter what was in the card I was keeping the one I had. 

I said to Dave, "See I always knew it was God's will!"

The day was a dream come true, complete with phone calls from the kids.  The rest of my birthday was rather uneventful. And I'll tell you why in another post.

4 comments:

Darla said...

Can't wait to see pics posted of that cute puppy's face! Best surprise ever, Dad!

Kari said...

I love that! That is the sweetest surprise ever! Can't wait to see Rigsby! :)

chantelle said...

Such a sweet way of celebrating your 55th! Very happy for you!

chantelle said...

Such a sweet way of celebrating your 55th! Very happy for you!