Sunday, September 29, 2013

Totally Surprised!

A friend sent me a Facebook message saying it had been a while since we'd had a visit and asked if Dave and I would go to LeMacron with them on August 4th. They treated us and we enjoyed our time together and conversation. She brought up the fact that their daughter was wanting to buy a guitar and Dave invited them over to give them a few tips.

As we were driving home, Dave said, "Let's take them through the side gate so they can see my shed. I think they'll like it." As we walked through the side yard, Davis was standing there in black dress pants, black shirt and tie. I thought, 'oh no! Were we supposed to be babysitting and I forgot?'

Before I had a chance to get any words out of my mouth he was motioning with his arm to come to the back of the house. As I rounded the corner there was a beautiful scene! Complete with two other couples sharing the surprise. I believe the first words out of my mouth were "55 is amazing" and then I believe it was "oh, I'm so glad I had Maryn pooper scoop the yard yesterday!"
As soon as Dave and I left the secret agents had sprung into action! They moved the dining room furniture out side, they brought in food, dishes and everything that would be needed.
Everyone knew their responsibilities and in two hours our house and backyard were transformed.

All recipes were hand made right in our kitchen with the exception of one of the desserts which had been made the day before.


Organized to the max!



Beautiful!
We were served menus to order from.
Davis and Jared served as our Maitre D's.
Classical music was playing and then all of a sudden from behind the hedge came the sound of live cello music. We enjoyed the most delicious food!
I think these kids should go into business.


They said they got too busy to take pictures of all the servings.
Presentation was excellent!

Not one detail was left out!
Well, except a picture of my amazing kids who created such a special birthday party!

Thank you Jared, Liana, Vienna, Davis, Danielle, Mackenzie, Kaden, Amy, Janessa, Jillaine, Lehman and Maryn. You have given me a very treasured memory!

1 comment:

Kari said...

That's so great!! way to go guys, what a good idea :)