Saturday, August 9, 2014

Her hobby!

My mother, Clarene Haas Shantz, loved to oil paint. She had a few other hobbies like sewing, crocheting and hardanger. But I believe oil painting was her favorite.
On a trip to ON this summer, I took a few pictures of her art decorating the walls of my parents' house. 
This three piece collage was sitting down on her easel, untouched since her passing on
October 1, 2010. I am not sure if it is finished or still needs some fine touches.


This one is a family favorite. It includes our Cairn Terrier, Taryn; Fraser, the Warriner's dog, and all the grandchildren at that point in time: Darla, Brent, Jared, Nicole, Jordan, Lauryn and Tara.







1 comment:

Darla said...

She was very talented. I spied a 3 pc collage set of a fall scene in "trevor's bedroom" closet where I was sleeping, and it was amazing. One of my fave's she's done, I think.