Saturday, January 28, 2012

Mattea - 2 1/2 update


Mattea turned 2 1/2 in January and at her Dr's appt she was 39 inches tall and 35 lbs (so no surprises there!) She is starting to love watching Disney movies (yay no more Treehouse!) and is currently addicted to Bolt and Lion King. Most of her imaginary games are now comprised of running away from hyenas and rescuing Penny from danger:-) She also is loving board games and is surprising us with her ability to actually understand and play them!


Wearing a size 5 outfit and scarier still...it fits!!!

She shocked me last week when reading together, as she went through the entire alphabet and named the sounds of each letter on her own! And this was not something I had taught her! - she learned off a movie she had seen twice at her cousins house! So now she wants to know what each word starts with, and can figure it out on her own too! I guess we can start bringing on some early reading lessons!


6 comments:

Darla said...

Smarty pants eh?! They pick up everything!! And...Kenna is a comfortable 5t, and about 36 lbs...soooo I think they are the SAME SIZE?! LOL!!

Lauryn said...

lol...yeah she is no small fry that's for sure! I literally had to buy her 2 winter wardrobes this year because she outgrew the first one! Its hard because I can't even buy it "big" because then it is literally falling off her but yeah...size 3's are history, size 4's MAY still fit, and size 5's are a touch big. Thank goodness I have another girl to use all the bins of barely used clothes!

Beccy said...

thanks for all the pics and update. Love her hair! So cute!

chantelle said...

So Sweet she sure looks like she is full of spunk :) And no kidding on the size, definitely taking after Daddy's side not Mom's! Marshall is size 4 and 30 pounds lol (not much hope for being overly big with our kids). I agree with Mom, I love the hair! Thanks for posting :D

Anonymous said...

She just has the best smile! I can't believe how big she is!!

Anonymous said...

oops, the above comment is from me.

Liana