Thursday, February 16, 2012

'67 Chevelle

This Christmas Janessa and Jillaine gave me a 1967 Chevelle. It has a 396 cubic inch V8 engine and 420 horsepower. I chose a light blue for its body colour and I put a few coats of clear paint to help bring out the sparkle in it. This was by far the best model car I have done. It has a very detailed exterior and interior. I couldn’t get a good picture of the interior or engine, but I did paint the seats a tan colour to make it look like leather.

The only thing that went wrong was not my doing, as you can see the hood sits on the car crooked.




By:Lehman

5 comments:

Darla said...

Wow Lehman, that is amazing!! Good work! Did the hood come bent a little? Kinda makes it look like a real car - been in a little accident or something. You can tell it is a really intricate model. Well done!

Lehman said...

It came bent A LOT, but with the blow dryer I was able to heat up the plastic and bend it down.

chantelle said...

Way to go Lehman! Brent say's smart idea to use a blowdryer to bend it back to shape. Thats using your kidneys ;) The car looks good. Love the colour (great photography too- C)

Lauryn said...

Nice job Lehman!!! Looks great!

Kari said...

wow! I thought it was a real chevelle at first! my first thought was...who got the nice car?? Looks great Lehman!