Thursday, February 2, 2012

Happy Birthday Darla!

When I was pregnant with our first baby, I got the brain wave to create a birth announcement. Everyone, in those days, put an announcement in the local newspaper, but I wanted something more. Something personal and creative to mail out to our family and friends announcing our newborn. I came up with this:



I purchased some blank stationary cards.



Now remember in those days, I handed typed every single announcement on a typewriter that did not have an erase feature. Now that I have referred to 1979 as `in those days`, I do remember it as being the most exciting day in my life - a baby girl. Motherhood was a delight and I was back in my jeans by my 6 week check-up. She has provided us with love, music, laughter and delight all these years...well except for her messy room despite my efforts to train her. She has grown into a wonderful godly woman, wife and mother. Happy Birthday to our Darby girl! Read about her crazy life @ darbyjane.blogspot.com.

Throughout 2012, I will share with you all the birth announcements that I did for our children. Oh, how I wish I had had the resources of digital software and graphics at my fingertips back then!
If you would happen to want something similar, check out my site.

4 comments:

Darla said...

oh yay! It will be fun to see everyone's over the course of the year...I forget how some of them went...

Lauryn said...

heeeeyyy....we are missing one already!!! We need to see Janessa's!!!:-D

But I agree with Darla, it will be fun to see them all - and to see the progression from typewriters with no erase function to fancy computer technology:-)

Kari said...

definitely agree! can't wait to see them all throughout the year, and yes! We need to see Janessa's! :)

Beccy said...

hahaha...Janessa....I didn't get the brainwave to post these until a couple of weeks ago. Then my mind went straight to Darla's birthday. Thanks for the reminder! :)