Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Kid Kwotes & Kwips - Archive

November 1, 2011
at our yearly eye examinations-
Optometrist: "Do you play sports?"
Lehman: "No, I don't have any brothers, but I try to play as much as I can."

October 24, 2011
Brent: Lets say our prayer, dear Jesus thank you for my day. Thank you for my Mommy and my Daddy and my baby brother Keaton....
Marshall: and Lightning McQueen...
Brent: yes and Lightning McQueen... Please teach me to love Jesus...
Marshall: and Mommy (I guess he needs to be taught that it doesn't come naturally thanks!)
Brent: yes... and teach me to obey...
Marshall: and patience
Brent: and help me to have a good sleep. Please help me to be obedient tomorrow so I can learn first time obedience. Help me to have a good day tomorrow and stay healthy....
Marshall: and, and, and ummmm watching Cars?
Brent: maybe, please protect me and give me good dreams. In the name and the blood of Jesus Christ, Amen
Marshall: Amen... Cachigga!

Marshall: Mommy may I have some coffee? I think not!!!

May 23, 2011
While in a crowded store with Mommy, Mattea spots something that, based on her reaction, she had never noticed before...a very obese man...
Mattea: OH NO!!! MOM!!! OH NO!!! LOOOOOK!!! What HAPPENED?!?! What happened Mom??? WHAT HAPPENED?!?!?!?!Despite Mommy's attempts to quietly address her concerns (and get out of the store!!!), this yelling (combined with wild gestures and pointing) continued long enough and loud enough that both the man and his wife heard and the wife said, "Well dear, you have certainly got someone's attention!" Needless to say, this probably goes down in the record books as MOMMY's most embarrassing Mattea moment - to date anyway!!!:-)

Auntie Kari: Marshall what does a gangster say?
Marshall: WORD! Thanks Kari :P

Background info: Mattea can't say Kayla properly so it comes out more like "Key-ah"
Mattea: Wanna go Walmart?
Mommy: No, today we are going to Ikea
a few moments of silence as she ponders...
Mattea: I-Keyah? Noooo!!! I no wanna go I-Keyah, I wanna go I-Tea! How ‘bout me? How ‘bout Tea?
I guess its just not fair that her sister gets a store and she doesn't!

driving to music lessons: "I like talking to Jared about sports, but then he gets talking about history and geography and sheddin' his knowledge all over me." -Lehman

Lauryn steps on scale to weigh herself, Mattea rushes over to see the results...
Mattea: "TWO NINETY-FIVE???!!! WHAT DA???"
*In Mommy's defense, Mattea has not mastered number recognition yet!:-)

It became evident early on that her mouth was probably going to be the source of most of her troubles!
Mattea 12 months old, reading with her Uncle Alfred
Uncle Alfred: pointing out pictures to Mattea
Mattea: What da heck is dat?

Brooks: How did your running go? Are you skinnier?
Mom: I don't know. Do I look skinnier?
Kenna, glances over: uuuuuh, nope

No comments: