Wednesday, January 29, 2014

November Summary


November seems somewhat forgettable so I will mostly give you some pictures...


The after-bath attempt at a siblings shot...I think if I could merge these two pictures together I might actually have all 3 looking and smiling:-P But alas...it never seems to happen all in the same picture!


Here is a shot of our living room/school room which we redid/decorated back in the spring...


This is where Mattea works and the others play - it also works as a great place for their playmobil (and yes, they've caught the bug!)




Now that I look through my pictures for the month there were a few firsts...

Printing finally clicked for Kayla! She finally grasped the concept of tracing, or perhaps to satisfy my frustrations, she decided to actually start trying? Who knows...but all I know is, she got it, and I'm happy! She even started to print a few letters all on her own as well! She has known all her sounds, identifying letters etc for over a year but never quite got the hang of the printing and the fact that there was a certain way to form letters.



She has been showing a ton of progress as she learns alongside Mattea...memorizing poems, songs, verses etc. Incredible how much little minds can absorb even when they don't appear to be listening at all! In fact, Kayla has mastered that skill. She has the ability to be completely and totally off in her own imaginary world, talking and playing (with literally nothing) and look like she isn't paying attention to anything at all, but then when asked to recap what a story was about, or some fact about something Mattea was learning, she can spout off word for word what was said! She literally can recite back entire stories or lessons with every single point but appearing like she hasn't heard a thing. Is this a talent? A skill? We don't quite know...but I'm just relieved to know she IS actually really smart! Seriously...sometimes I wonder...:-P

Now remember a few posts back I said you will see a progression of Canaan's hair...well this what we progressed to!


He looked like a crazy scientist! It could be tamed when wet:



but for the most part it looked like this:


Sooooo I decided it was finally time for our little baby to become a big boy! So sad...but oh so necessary!:-)




2 comments:

Darla said...

Kayla is SO cute! I love her quirky personality. And C's hair is amazing:-) Love the trim

Kari said...

that is hilarious! I love the fro! :)