Saturday, January 11, 2014

Porch ♥

I have always loved porches! Our home doesn't have a porch, but it has a lovely little alcove at the entrance. I saw this idea on a blog and knew I wanted one. With the positioning of glass on the front door it is a little awkward to hang a wreath or any other kind of decor. I dream! My husband builds!



We also painted the exterior doors on our house in the late summer. They were still the builder primer. I brought home several paint chips of colours that I thought would work with the colour of the siding and brick. Chocolate brown, olive green, a deep browny orange, a dark browny blue, a brownish turquoise and this purple. Dad chose the purple.

We also painted the garage door a light cream, as well as the mailbox and house numbers.  Then Dad dug out the front flower bed, added some stones and increased the grade. The kids and I found some clearance shrubs all for under $5.00 a piece. The house looks greatly improved if I may say so myself!

2 comments:

Kari said...

I LOVE that! It looks so nice!

Darla said...

I adore this idea! It looks great! And I love all the colours you choose too