Thursday, January 16, 2014

The Basement Reveal

Dad's music room. He hung these two instruments while I was at work and so now I am keeping my eyes open for something to hang to give some symmetry. Oh, the woes of studs!

One of the jobs on the do list this winter is to paint the toy box aka wood box.





One of our favorite old

The pool room still needs closet doors on the closet,
which houses the central vac and the water softener.


This open area connects the -Lshaped basement. We want to use it as a snack area.
How we will finish it is still up in the air.

Lehman's room

My end of Lehman's room ... aka office aka craft room.

Using an old CD holder to hold my Stampin' Up ink pads.

The old ladder (aka the widow maker) with some boards and the old drafting
  table for my work surface.
The old springs are from Dave's childhood single metal bed. On the left side of this closet is shelving. And the right side is the filing cabinet as well as some corner shelves.

2 comments:

Darla said...

It looks amazing!

Gregg Hogan said...

I love it! It's a great hobby space for everyone who would like some alone time with their favorite instrument, may it be musical or artistic. In any case, I'm super jealous that your family supports your creative side by creating personal spaces for individual interests and hobbies. I'm sure everyone is enjoying the basement to its full potential. Thanks for sharing that! All the best! :)

Gregg Hogan @ American Basement Solutions